Technical Resource – PACE-D
The PACE-D TA Program is a five- year bilateral program with the objective to accelerate India’s transition to a high performing, low emission, and energy secure economy. The Program was launched by USAID in July 2012 in partnership with the Ministry of Power (MOP) and Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), Government of India to support clean energy deployment and scale up in India. The Program has been extended for additional one year for providing technical assistance in new eight states for scaling up the solar rooftop program.
Idam is leading the tasks of institutional strengthening and development of policy and regulatory framework in four partner states such as Haryana, Rajasthan, Karnataka and Madhya Pradesh and will continue to provide technical assistance to state agencies (State Nodal Agency, State Electricity Regulatory Commission and State Distribution Utilities) of new eight states for large scale deployment of solar rooftop program.
Idam invites applications from technical resources who can provide necessary support to State Distribution Utility in the State of Uttar Pradesh (Meerut), Punjab (Chandigarh), and Haryana (Hisar), under PACE-D TA Program as well as other projects of Idam.
Designation: Technical Resource – PACE-D
Location: Uttar Pradesh (Meerut), Punjab (Chandigarh), and Haryana (Hisar)
Educational Qualification: BE – Electrical/Mechanical, PG in Electrical/Mechanical/Energy Engineering or MBA in Energy/Power with 2-3 years of work experience in the area of renewable energy/energy efficiency
- Experience working with State Nodal Agency/State Distribution Utility is a plus
- Local candidates will be given preference
- Ability to connect with stakeholders
- Excellent ability of report writing and record keeping
- Strict confidentiality in performing financial related work
- Honest and trustworthy
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- First level of interface between Nodal Officer of State and PACE-D TA Program team.
- Work under the close coordination with State Team Lead and Core Team to ensure timely execution of various activities.
- Assist in responding to the needs of State Distribution Utility/State Nodal Agency in terms of providing professional assistance on specific activities in the field of solar rooftop, brief notes on project activities progress and other related activities.
- The focus of the work will be day-to-day interaction with state nodal officer, logistic coordination, planning for meetings, participate in meetings, preparation of minutes of meetings/presentations, collection of data and information and providing inputs/feedback on deliverables.
- Work closely with State Distribution Utility/State Nodal Agencyin the matter related to Solar Rooftop and provide regular feedback to PACE-D team on their work in progress, work plans and their expectations.
- Meeting with key stakeholders in State and link program activities to their requirements.
- Support in logistic coordination, planning for meetings, participate in meetings, preparation of minutes of meetings/presentation, collection of data and information and providing inputs/feedback on deliverables.
- Keep the Program team informed of the upcoming events in State.
- Coordinate with interstate level agencies, state ministries urban and local bodies to ensure smooth implementation of various activities by the PACE-D TA Program in the State.
- Regular follow up with Nodal Officers to ensure finalization/notification of the policy, regulatory framework in the state.
- Work closely with the Program Core team in Delhi to ensure seamless coordination with the state nodal agency.
- Update the team on latest developments on the state front.
- Provide monthly inputs to the Idam/Nexant about the tasks handled.
The Position will be initially for the Period of 12 Months with a possible extension of another 6 months.